Tuesday, June 15, 2010

After Raajneeti’s success, Ranbir to play Kishore Kumar

Ranbir Kapoor is learning to navigate his way through the hazards of superstardom. Recently, his Blackberry crashed due to ‘message overload.

After his cell number got ‘leaked’ on Karan Johar’s chat show, Lift Kara De. Armed with a new number, he’s getting back to business.

There’s an air of quiet achievement around him. The success of Raajneeti after last year’s Wake Up Sid and Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani has consolidated his stocks in the industry.

The industry is hailing him as the new king of the box office. He isn’t impressed with this new label. “Come on, it’s all about the film at the end of the day.

I don’t take success seriously just as I don’t take failure to my heart,” he says. We are seated in the outhouse of Krishna Raj, Ranbir’s Pali Hill bungalow.

He’s flashing a new style statement in the form of a goatee which he terms as a “symbol of berozgaari (joblessness)”. Kapoor’s not been on a film set for over two months after.

A marathon two-month schedule in the USA for Siddharth Anand’s Anjaana Anjaani. He utilised this time out to promote Raajneeti, his first multi-starrer.

Looking back, Kapoor says that it was an instinctive decision to act in the Prakash Jha film. “I liked the world of Raajneeti. I took the film’s script as my Bible and organically crafted the character of Samar. I knew I had to do the film the moment I heard the story,” he says.

That’s pretty much the way he approaches all his films. “I decide at the end of the narration. If the story has hooked me and if the world the story is set in appeals to me, then I instantly say yes. If you wait, then unnecessary doubts start to cloud your thinking.”

No comments:

Post a Comment