Tuesday, November 29, 2011

I BET SANDUSKY DRINKS FOLGERS

I just love reading this chick. She cracks me up.

Here just read it for yourself, but I will make you visit her site to watch the video.

DEBBIE DOES DRIVEL -- Not Really

For the third year in a row Folgers has been playing this creepy Christmas ad of the brother returning home from west Africa to his waiting sister. It's bad enough that neither has any acting ability, but every time I see this ad I get the heebie jeebies just like I do when Hannibal Lecter says, "Good evening, Clarice" in Silence of the Lambs.




Shudder.

Why the hell was the brother in west Africa? Was he in Senegal? Liberia? Wait. I bet he was in Nigeria, the country whose motto is "incest is best".

The camera shows a hot pot of coffee next to the plastic Folgers container. Pffft. Sissy must have texted someone for directions on how to make it 'cause you know she doesn't have a clue.

Brother sees the coffee and says "Awww, real coffee". Dude, you were in AFRICA where some of the best coffee in the world comes from!

Bro then tells sis he brought her something from far away. Pffft. I bet he did and there's no vaccine for it.

He hands her a box wrapped in black and white paper with a red bow. She rips off the bow and puts it on him and tells him "You're my present." Then they gaze into each others eyes. Cue the Lecter shudder. Subliminal advertising at its best.

The only brothers and sisters I know that get all starry eyed over each other wear monk robes and habits. I'd feel better about this ad if she shoved his face in the hot coffee. THAT would be more in keeping with a normal sibling relationship, plus he deserves it.

No comments:

Post a Comment