Friday, April 29, 2011

Sarah Burton about creating royal dress

Sarah Burton issued a statement about what it meant for her to create her wedding dress of Kate Middleton.
 "It was my life experience to work with Catherine Middleton to create her wedding dress, and I enjoyed every moment spent together. For me it was an incredible honor to create the dress, and I'm proud of what we accomplished together with Alexander McQueen team. I am pleased that the dress is the ultimate British craftsmanship. Alexander McQueen's design attempts to bring opposites together to create some nice clothes, with something special, and I hope that combining traditional fabrics and laces a line and a modern design, we have created a special dress for Catherine.

The last months have been exciting, and as I said, an incredible experience for me and my team because we worked closely with Catherine, in conditions of maximum discretion. I understand that Catherine wanted to be kept secret the details of dress, a privilege that should enjoy any bride to follow, and we agreed to maintain secrecy regarding our role, to wedding day.

Catherine looks amazing today, Alexander McQueen whole team is very proud of what we created. The dress is just one component of a whole day wonderful, and I do not think anything is worth comment, except to say that I personally am grateful and honored to have had the opportunity to work on this project, and that they want the two most good thoughts for the future. "






 


















 More Photo


No comments:

Post a Comment